Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Vizio SV420M volume is very low I have tried it on cable box

Vizio SV420M volume is very low I have tried it on cable box and dvd
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Has the volume gotten lower since you've had the TV, or has it always been like this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Always been low, I have also tried the resett audio feature. do you know if there is an under the hood way of adjusting the volume
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Hello, No there is no way to raise the volume of the set. The amplifier chips in these sets is very low output and only designed for around 2 watts or so maximum power. The only other option is to connect a powered set of speakers (which have their own amplifier built in). These sets start at around $75 per pair for very good fidelity sets. I can send you a link to a few recommendations if you'd like.