Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

how do I clean the inside of a toshiba big screen tv - it is

how do I clean the inside of a toshiba big screen tv - it is an older one model #TZ50V51 I have a dead spider on the inside of the screen and the picture isn't very crisp anymore

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

The screen is attached by 4 screws at the bottom of the screen. See the attached diagram.

graphic

Once you get the screen off, you can clean the main mirror and the three color guns. Use a soft cotton cloth and Windex.

Thoughts?

I only get paid if you click and it does not close our dialog together...we can continue with your issue. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what do I use on the inside of the screen to clean it

You can use the same soft cloth and Windex. The screen is actually two screens that are sandwiched together in a frame.

If the spider is in between the two screens, you will have to dismantle it as shown in the attached diagram.

graphic