Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

My Mitsubishi Medallion 1080 HDTV series will not turn on.

My Mitsubishi Medallion 1080 HDTV series will not turn on. the green LED will not stop blinking. I have powered it down tried to reset it, even unplugged everything from the back. what else could I do?

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

The most likely cause of this is a bad DM Module. Specifically, there are either 4 or 7 small capacitors in the DM Module that go bad. This effectively disables the DM Module and the module's failure stops the TV from booting up.

Here is some more info on the problem including some repair procedures. If you think it is something you can do, it will cost you about $20 in parts and 3-5 hours of your time since the module is tough to get out.

To pay a professional will probably run you $300-$400.

Link: http://www.jeremyburns.com/Mitsubishi-Green-Blinking-Light-Fix.pdf

Questions?

I only get paid if you click and it does not close our dialog together...we can continue with your issue. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so basically I need to call a repairman?

If you cannot do the repair yourself then yes. Make sure you pick a Mitsubishi authorized repair shop that knows what the continuous blink indicates.

You can search here: http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=search_new&client=mitsuservicer#?mid=174138