Ask 25 Year Electronic Tech Your Own Ques...
25 Year Electronic Tech
25 Year Electronic Tech, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Consumer Electronics Technician, Component Level, 10+ years Telecommunication Engineer
13668226

I need the Emerson Jumbo Universal Remote code for a SONY DVD

I need the Emerson Jumbo Universal Remote code for a SONY DVD Player, Model# XXXXX
Category: TV
Expert:  25 Year Electronic Tech replied 6 years ago.

Hello, if you tried the manual search method and it did not find a code for the dvd player then the remote control does not have the code built into it's memory. This sony, being a home theater system as well, will probably not function with many universal remotes. If it were a straight dvd player it probably would. I will do some checking and see if there are any listed that will work. Thank you

I did some looking and from what I can find you would probably need a remote control that has the learning feature, this way you can teach the universal remote the basic functions that you would use. Here is link to one such remote, hope this helps.

Edited by 25 Year Electronic Tech on 12/19/2010 at 6:25 PM EST