Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

I have an Emerson (funai) Model LC195EMX flat screen tv that

I have an Emerson (funai) Model LC195EMX flat screen tv that I am working on. It has the following problems: The green power light is always on. It cannot be turned off either with the remote or the button on the TV. The screen lights up, but there is no video image or sound. When first powered up, I do get writing on the screen that says digital television. When pressing the volume, a bar moves on the screen, but no volume. When pressing the channel up or down buttons, either on the remote or on the TV, the screen color changes from white to blue, red, green, back ot white, but I do not get any channels. No other buttons on the TV or remote seem to do anything. Could you point me in the right direction to troubleshoot? I have test equipment, and a lot of experiance on old tube type tv, and early solid state tv. Would like to troubleshoot to component level if possible, if not at least determine if it is the main large board, or the digital board, as these parts seem to be readily available, at an inexpensive price. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX TV

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

Do you have the original remote?

Anthony's TV :

you are in service mode

Customer :

Yes, I have the original remote. How do i get out of the service mode?

Anthony's TV :

you have to very carefully peel back the front laminate on the remote

Anthony's TV :

there will be a hidden button

Anthony's TV :

that is not visible it is covered and hidden

Anthony's TV :

thats the service button

Customer :

There is no laminate on the front of the remote, it is solid plastic. I went on line and downloaded the owners manual, and the picture of the remote in the manual matches what mine looks like, so I do believe that I have the original remote.

Anthony's TV :

on your remote is directly to the left of the red power button

Anthony's TV :

you have to cut a hole for it its hidden

Anthony's TV :

peel back the plastic

Anthony's TV :

1. Turn the power on.
2. To enter the service mode, press the service
button
- then [POWER]
button .
3. Press [INFO] button
unit to initialize the LCD television.
4. "INITIALIZED" will appear in the upper right of the
screen. "INITIALIZED" color will change to green
from red when initializing is complete.

Customer :

I will try this and get back to you. Thanks, mark

Customer :

I found the hidden button on the remote, however the proceedure you outlined does not work. The only way i can shut off the tv is to unplug it. when I plug it back in, it comes on. Channel up and down changes colors, and volume up or down displays gradation with a number around 255, which changes when volume up or down is pressed. Info button does nothing, as any of the other keys on the remote. only the channel up and down, and volume up and down work. Just wondering how this set could have gotten into the service mode? Could there be something bad on one of the boards that put it into service, and is keeping it in service? Is there any other way of getting it out of service? thanks, mark

Anthony's TV :

press the hidden button it should take you out

Anthony's TV :

if that does not work and it wont initilize we will have to change the digital board

Customer :

Ok, The button does not take me out. I will get a digital board and swap out. I am going to accept so that you can get paid. Please let me know how i can get back in touch with you, to let you know that the board worked. it will e about a week before i have the board. thanks, mark