Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

I have a Sansui TV Model 3275 and it has a HOROZIONAL LINE

I have a Sansui TV Model 3275 and it has a HOROZIONAL LINE across the top of the screen about 1" to 1 1/2" and interfears with the picture. How do I get rid of this line also how do I find a technician here in Olympia, Washington who can fix my TV if I can't?
Jim ([email protected])
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

There are a few possibilities here. Do you have experience working inside TVs? Do you own a multimeter and soldering iron?

Edited by Dan T. on 12/10/2010 at 5:26 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO, I don't know anything about TV's. Yes, I do have a multi-meter and soldering iron. Is there someone here in Washington State, in the capital OLYMPIA area I can call to fix it? Jim
Hi Jim,

I'm sure there are good servicers around you, but I'm not personally familiar with techs in that area, sorry. Use, or the local yellow pages. Be sure to look them up on and, or talk to someone who has used them before.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do I need the soldering iron and multi-meter for? What needs to be fixed? Jim

We'd need to remove the back panel and run some tests... voltage, resistance, etc. Are you capable of this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I am but to play it safe I guess i'll look to a TV repair center for the fix. Thanks. Jim

Safe is good. Your TV harbors kilovolts even when it's unplugged... a repairman would be a wise decision.