Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

what causes my screen to suddenly go black

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

What's the model number? This will be on the back panel. Also, when the screen goes black, do you still have sound?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model No. 42PC3D-UD

Yes there is sound and the Screen is not totally black . there is a partial picture on the right hand side but it is mostly red.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Is half the screen dark? 50/50?

Can you take a picture? That would be helpful. Use the green "tree" icon that's just above where you're typing... JPG, PNG or GIF (1MB limit). If the tree icon doesn't work or if you don't have one, use Photobucket or Flickr... or MediaFire... any file hosting site. Then post back here with a link. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would say it is closer to 75% dark. Sorry not able to do the picture thing
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, so 75% dark... 25% picture, but that part has a red tint?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your efforts but my husband couldn't wait for a answer and had a technician come and take a look at it today and will put a new 'part' in on Monday. Please cancel my account.

E Butler
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
No worries... let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Due to the repeated requests for more information my husband decided to call in a technician who discovered a problem with one of the boards which will have to be replaced. Thank you for you efforts but since you are not able to give me an answer I would like you to close my account as this unfortunately doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks again for your help.

Liz Butler