Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

LCD 2 years old 48 Samsung - started ghosting in red. Red

LCD 2 years old 48"? Samsung - started ghosting in red. Red halo's around objects & people as well as red reflections on faces and other objects. No solid red as if tint were to far red, more like ghosting and streaks of red. I went into menu and tools and adjusted everything that even remotely had to do with picture color, tint, sharpness, background ( black ), etc...
The picture is the same on all channels, cable, and DVD. Cable is connected with the component video,( I tried component 1, 2, and 3 ) and the DVD is HDMI and again I tried all three connections...RED!!!
What else can I try?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 4 years ago.

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

I just had one of these in the shop

Anthony's TV :

when it looks RED

Anthony's TV :

do you notice any slowmotion or lagging in the pix as well?

Anthony's TV :

does it now look RED all the time?

Customer :

No slow motion, but the red gets more and less intense, but it's always there

Anthony's TV :

you most likely have a bad LCD PANAL

Anthony's TV :

you can try to take it apart and reseat the LVDS cable

Anthony's TV :

that goes to drive the panal

Anthony's TV :

but i doubt you will have luck

Anthony's TV :

but that is free to try

Anthony's TV :

and the panal is close to $2000.00

Customer :

After I switched the cables the red went away for an hour or two

Anthony's TV :

that is becuase you ruslteld things up

Anthony's TV :

and that is even more leaning to the panal

Anthony's TV :

does the MENU also look RED?

Customer :

Everything is red

Anthony's TV :

yup

Anthony's TV :

i think you got a bad panal

Anthony's TV :

but without having the set in front of me

Anthony's TV :

or seeing the pix

Anthony's TV :

its tough to say

Anthony's TV :

but i just 2 of the same model in for bad panals

Anthony's TV :

and red pictures

Customer :

I spent $3000 on that TV 24 months ago!

Anthony's TV :

yeah i know

Anthony's TV :

Call Samsung and YELL

Anthony's TV :

just like MY customers are!

Customer :

Thanks

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.