Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

MY INSIGNIA TV DOES NOT RESPOND TO ON/OFF BUTTON EITHER ON

MY INSIGNIA TV DOES NOT RESPOND TO ON/OFF BUTTON EITHER ON REMOTE OR ON TV, BUT THE LIGHT ON FRONT OF TV KEEPS FLASHING ALTERNATELY RED AND BLUE, NO PICTURE OR SOUND. REMOTE LIGHTS UP THE HD BOX BUT NOT TV?? WHAT IS GOING ON, AND WHAT DO I DO ABOUT IT, I AM 3 MONTHS OVER THE 4 YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY, NATURALLY!

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

these are numbers on back of unit: 6G10

1467LC27FB26001782

Lot#93566

Mfg. date July 2006

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $250-300

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $300-$400 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

you have been very informative, to the point that, being almost 79 years old, I think a

new set is in the works, which is too bad since the set is only 4 years old. but I am not going to pour good money into what seems to be a throw away set! thank you for your help, at least it helps me to make up my mind.

Ok sounds good, sorry I was not full of good news. I do agree with your assesment to replace it rather than repair it. Its a shame but the honest answer is most new sets do not last more than 3 to 5 years. Tim