Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.
13758627

I can,t change channel on my sony tv.HELP

Category: TV
Expert:  Chuck Williams replied 3 years ago.

Chuck Williams :

Hi! I think I have already started helping you on your previous question, let me know if you still need help!

Customer :

I did not get your answer.

Chuck Williams :

OK, what I need to know is the model number of the TV, and how do you get TV, is it cable, satellite, or antenna?

Customer :

Chuck are you there.

Customer :

My model no. KV-24FV12 &my SER.# XXXXX (NNN) NNN-NNNN thaNK YOU.

Customer :

i USE cable tv.

Chuck Williams :

Do you use a cable box, or does the cable come from the wall and screw onto the connector on the TV?

Chuck Williams :

I have to step away for a while, but I'll be back.

Customer :

Comes from the wall to the TV.

Customer :

I have two other tvs & no problem with them.

Chuck Williams :

OK, hang on and I'll be back soon. But tell me, do you have the original remote control for this TV?

Customer :

No I do not have A remote control.

Customer :

Do I need one.

Chuck Williams :

If you can get to the TV's MENU, you may be able to get by without one, but it would be a big help. Navigating the menu on this TV is a hassle without a remote.

Customer :

I can change channel when i go to menu &go to channel label.

Chuck Williams :

Right. What you need to do is go to the menu, there will be 6 icons. The last icon looks like a tool box. You have to select that tool box icon, then scroll down to Options, and press ENTER.

Chuck Williams :

There will be an option to Auto Program. If you select that, the TV will scan for all available channels over the cable and put them into memory. that way you can use the channel up/down buttons to change channels.

Chuck Williams :

See if you can do that, let me know if that works, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Customer :

I still can not change channel. I got the cable on.

Chuck Williams :

Did you get to the Auto Program setting?

Customer :

yes that did it .thanks.

Chuck Williams :

Wonderful!

Chuck Williams :

Is there anything else I can do for you?

If you found my advice helpful, would you mind clicking the Accept icon so that I may be paid for my time? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Chuck Williams, Technician
Experience: Over 25 years of experience servicing AV electronics to component level, ISF and THX Cert.