PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

My Daughter cracked my Samsung UN55C8000 LED TV and now it

Customer Question

My Daughter cracked my Samsung UN55C8000 LED TV and now it has lines radiating vertically and horizontally from the location of the crack. Is it more cost effective to get this fixed or just buy a new one at $2300?
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

PramitP :

Hello, Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to help you out with your question

Customer :

So do you think it is worth it to be repaired? If so, how much would you guess it would cost?

Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

Well I would suggest you to buy a new one as the charges of fixing the cracked screen would be huge. The screen itself costs around 70% of the cost of the TV. Moreover, getting a replacement for a screen is not easy. Apart from that you would have miscellaneous expenses like labor (which is very high as well) and transportation.

Ultimately the total cost of the repair would be as much as the cost of a new TV or even more. Hence getting a new one is a better idea. This will also give you at least a year worth of warranty for minor errors. Also when buying a new TV, I would recommend that you spend a little more money and get an extended warranty. Ofcourse it wont cover accidental damages like the one this time, but it sure will help when you have a panel failure after a year.

As far as this TV is concerned, maybe you can sell it on Ebay as is, or disassemble and sell the boards. You might get some scrap value.
Sorry for the loss.

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. That was what I was afraid of, but I wanted a second opinion before I dropped that much cash on a new one.
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
It was my pleasure to help you in your decision. Have a nice day.