Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

SHARP TV LC32SB23U IN NOT COMING ON ONLY A GREEN BLINKING LIGHT IN FRONT.WE

Customer Question

SHARP TV LC32SB23U IN NOT COMING ON ONLY A GREEN BLINKING LIGHT IN FRONT.WE REPLACED THE POWER/INVERTER BOARD BUT THAT DIDNT WORK. I THINK IT HAS A BAD NEON LAMP. HELP?
Category: TV
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your problem, I can help you today.

Sharp Tv's store error codes whenever there is a fault. After so many errors have built up it will not let you turn on the Tv until the errors have been reset. You must force the Tv to turn on (bypass error codes), and reset the Lamp Error then do a Factory Reset. Here is how to force the Tv on:

Hold [CH_DOWN] and [INPUT] on TV, plug in the AC power cord and keep holding the buttons until it comes on (try it several times cause it won't always work the first time).

If the Tv comes on it will be in service mode and you need to use the remote to set "LAMP ERROR" to 0 then do a "FACTORY RESET". Don't mess around with anything else in there or you will mess up your Tv. Be very careful.

If the Tv won't force on then it may be defective Main board or defective LCD Panel (backlighting inside).

If you need further assistance please reply here. Don't forget to click the ACCEPT button if you find this information helpful, and keep in mind that the average price of an in-home Tv diagnosis is $125!

Thanks for using Just Answers

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mike, we tried the reset more then once and the tv will come on for about a minute then go back to the blinking green light. We don't have any service lit on this unit because we don't work on to many sharps. We have been fixing tv in our shop for over 30 year and just want to know if anyone know how to isolate this problem to the board and not guess at it. We tried that by replaced the power/inverter board and that didn't work. The main board in the unit is not available but someone online tried one and that also didn't work. The problem may not be in any of the board, it may be a bad neon bulb but I don't know how to test them? Thanks for the reply and maybe no one has the answer we are looking for or maybe a expert on sharp tvs. Also this set is replaceable for under $300.00 Just hate to junk it out. KEN tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Waiting for a answer to my reply to mike about isolateing the problem to a board because his answer is not what we are looking for. if he can't, maybe someone who is a sharp tv expert can help us.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.

It would have helped greatly if you would have given this info to begin with-

You are a Tv shop.

You tried the PS.

Someone tried the Main.

You did a reset.

At this point there's nothing left but the panel, which we both know is either NLA or way too expensive to replace. We don't do panel refurb, but if the extended warranty approves it then we send it out to a place that strictly tears into panels.

Good luck