Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

i have an rca l46wd22yx5 lcd tv. my issue is that sometimes

Customer Question

i have an rca l46wd22yx5 lcd tv. my issue is that sometimes the screen will go blank for a few seconds and then come back on as if i changed the input selection with the remote. It does this more with the dvd player than with the digital cable receiver however both are effected. i suspected the main board was failing and to my surprise i can not find one in stock anywhere. i fear they may have discontinued the parts for this tv. any help would be appreciated also i am now using the hdmi output and i get unusable signal and some snow for a second when i change channel. if i use hdmi 2 the sound sometimes cuts out.
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Hi There,

It sounds like either the inverter board which powers the backlight, or the power supply which powers the inverter board is faulty.

Are you wanting to fix this problem at home or are you just wanting to know how much it would cost to repair ?

Are you comfortable working with electronics ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am an industrial electrician with some experience with electronics. i plan on fixing it my self. also i just got a new hdmi cable today. when plugged in hdmi2 the picture cuts out and when plugged into hdmi 1 the sound periodically cuts out for a second and it sometimes says unusable signal accompanied with static for a second when i change channel. Your saying possibly a faulty power supply can cause an intermittent problem such as the one imhaving? Any way this would explain why it happens more with the dvd player than the cable box. look forward to hearing back from you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
expert said they needed more information. i provided more information and the expert never replied.