Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My LCD TV has many blue spots in the middle of the screen and

My LCD TV has many blue spots in the middle of the screen and blue streaks near the bottom. What is the problem?

Thanks for using JustAnswer

Is it like this on other inputs like a dvd?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control can youstill see this over the menu screen?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry. I replied yesterday but I guess you didn't receive it.

The blue dots are visible on other inputs as well as when I try to play a DVD. They are also visible over the menu screen.

This is a bad light engine i'm afraid namely the optical block please read this article about this issue then ring sony as they have been offering discounted sets and depending on which model free as well

Its no use really having another light engine fitted as theirs no gaurantee the issue wont crop up again at over $1000

Let me know if you need more info please