Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Static convergence on my 57H82 projection TV is fine but the

Static convergence on my 57H82 projection TV is fine but the dynamic convergence on the red CRT is wavy (Similar to 270* deg of a sinewave). Conergence at the corners is so far off that I am unable to correct using convergence procedure on the menu. Can you help? Bill McBride [email protected];ess. ca------Also I live 110 Km from nearest tecnician.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 5 years ago.

Will help this customer anytime,

Hello Sir/Ms, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today,

(Please click on high lighted words)

You have a convergence issue, first see if they will move manually in your menu, they should be able to move up down left and right, and if not this is when two chips labeled STK392-xxx Failed. They can be located by finding the largest heat sinks in the unit.

Along with the possibility being an open resistor and or open fuse in the convergence circuit. All of the resistors around these chips should be checked pay attention to the ones that are standing up and they all should read low ohms, If they are in the k ohms they are probably open which is bad ,This is a tricky repair, if you have Never done this repair I don't suggest it friend.

But if you are willing to tackle this problem the only step by step procedure I found for you would be to watch someone do the repair, and this I found on the internet in the convergence problem screen. This will give you an idea of the work involved and also what the parts look like. Now I also have sites were you can pull up manuals, check here click here for kits

Please let me know if you want to try this yourself, or if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!