James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)
24944807

Request set up TV code for Emerson LCD TV/DVD Combo, Model

Customer Question

Request set up TV code for Emerson LCD TV/DVD Combo, Model No. EWL2006 A?
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

If you have tried all the codes listed in the manual it is possible that the remote does not have the code required. On some remotes you may find you can do a code search, which tries every possible code in the remote, it may be worth having a look through your manual to see if this possible. When the remotes are manufactured they are only pre-loaded with a certain number of codes, usually of the most used products available at the time and in previous years.

It is possible, that when the remote was manufactured that your product was either deemed unpopular or was not available at the time. In some cases the remotes have been manufactured months before you actually buy it.

The only suggestion I could make is to buy a "Universal Remote" - I can recommend the Logitech Harmony series of remotes, whilst being rather expensive, they more than pay for themselves in the fact that their "database of products" can be updated over the internet, which means the list of products that they are compatible with is huge compared to that of a relatively basic remote.

The Logitech remotes are also very easy to program, and they come with software that makes it a breeze to set up and control all of your devices.

Hope this clears things up

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

James,

I am using a universal remote. In addition, I do not have the TV set owner's manual. This answer is not acceptable.

Thank you,

Dave