Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

why cant my Calypso CLP32LC1a tv support audio when the HDMI

why can't my Calypso CLP32LC1a tv support audio when

the HDMI connections are used? I have one further question: Should both the SPDIF JACK on the CALYPSO BE connected to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT JACK (COAXIAL) be connected together; maybe so they can communicate with each other? Note: I am referring to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT JACK on the Samsung DVD player.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Do you get anything on the screen when you go to the HDMI input?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All 3 of the HDMI connections on the Calypso 32 provide excellent video.

So you get perfect picture just no audio?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Have you tried using the PCM audio output or the STEREO audio output?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried selecting the PCM and also bitstream for the audio output from the Samsung, neither worked. T have not run across a Stereo setting, but I will look for one now.

Ok your set lacks documentation in a bad way, I cannot get a manual or anything for it. Any way you can post me a picture of the back of the tv where the inputs are? I want to look for something. (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above where you are typing with the green tree on it. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am relativly new with computers. I dont know how to upload or use webcam. I checked the Calypso manual and found nothing about stereo outputs. By documentation do you mean user instructions?

No I was actually hoping to find a service manual so I could look at the audio circuit and how it relates to HDMI.

IS there any red and white jacks right next to the HDMI input on the back of the tv?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are no red and white jacks next to the HDMI inputs. However, I did get audio from the tv when I pressed hard on the HDMI connector. It seems that the problem has been a bad connection/ faulty cable. I would like to get back to you after further testing.

Ok well glad you found that! Hopefully you can change out that HDMI cable and solve the issue, let me know if you need anything.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank-you Tim.

No problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well now there is no video. It is hard to believe that all three HDMI inputs are bad;so it must be the cable. I have found your help beneficial, and worth the $17 dollars.
Paul Cavanaugh

Ok Paul, sounds good I would agree with you on the bad HDMI cable.

Let me know if you need anything in the future.