Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Have an 42HDS69 Plasma TV. It wont turn on. All I hear is

<p>Have an HD42S69 Plasma TV (manufactured in 2006). It won't turn on. All I hear is a clicking. In the past if I changed outlets and turned off the tv, changed outlets then turned it on, it would work. Now I just get the clicking sound when turning it on (2 clicks is good means it will turn on, 3 clicks is bad, won't turn on) and it will not turn on.</p><p> I used to turn off the tv, plug it into a different power source i.e.directly to the wall instead of power strip and this would work.  But now that doesn't work any longer.</p>
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 5 years ago.

Will help this customer anytime,

Hello Sir/Ms, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

are you willing to open the TV ??

And also have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a voltmeter and screw driver?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Or Just know the problem ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a friend with electric experience and would be willing to open the TV. What would he need to do?

If too technical,, any repair shops will repair for around 300.00

(Please click on high lighted words)

Friend always check a very common problem with plasma. Within the power supply the capacitors

ALSO click here ,, and here also,, Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top.

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks Simplified click here