Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

I have a Toshiba DLP TV Model 52HM84 and it just went out.

I have a Toshiba DLP TV Model 52HM84 and it just went out. I thought its just the bulb needing replacement, but when I removed the bulb, it looks fine. What else could the problem be? I have lost my owners manual also.

Will help this customer anytime,

Hello Sir/Ms, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, this will help you,, let me know

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The red light stays on solid so there is power. My main question is: does the lamp need replacing even if it looks OK from visual inspection?
yes it can,, but the info i sent you should tell you what the problem is what is the green doing,, and make sure the door is tightly on
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. When I turn on the TV, the red light stays On, which is normal. When I turn it OFF, the green light blinks at 1 second intervals, which the chart says "Lamp LPS mode", so what does Lamp LPS Mode mean?
this does mean the lamp,, So if you closed the door tightly and it didn't work you may have a bad ballast,, which is the lamps power supply,, Let me know