Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

My TV screen is not showing a full picture. There is about

Customer Question

My TV screen is not showing a full picture. There is about a 2 inch gap on both sides of the screen. This is new since I had a house sitter stay at my house recently. How can I get the full picture back?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 3 years ago.

Will help this customer anytime,

Hello Sir/Ms, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today,

A couple of things could have happened,, one the picture size button,, or format button on the remote was pushed,, and two the tv may be on a different input,, so push the input or source button to make sure your tv channels are on the correct input..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is not helpful. I do not know which buttons you are asking me to push.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did check the input and it is correct.
Ok,, on the tv remote your not familiar with it? whats the model number on the remote
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX RC -600B
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where are we now? I sent the model number for the remote.
I see,, you have a video button, does pushing this help and also click here this is information on your tv,, the operator manual..click here..,, i n order to down load for the future,, if you have any problems let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pushing the video button does not help. That is how I set the proper input which is not the problem. I have the operator manual in front of me. There is no need to download it. Is there something in the manual that I need to look up to solve this problem. I have alrady looked through the entire manual and did not find anything. That is why I have contacted you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where is the answer? I Don't see any information.
If you have bars down both sides,, this is a format issue,, Check all channels,, HD and NON HD,, it shouldn't be there on non HD,, if so this is the normal format,, is there anything hooked to the tv besides antenna,,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I receive my tv Direct TV. The problem is on all channels. And until a couple of weeks ago there was no problem. There is a DVR hooked to the TV.
Are you able to watch tv threw this DVR also?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Of course I am able to watch TV through the DVR. Why would I have it if I couldn't
I am coming to the conclusion that you are not able to help me with my problem and I do not intend to pay for this "service". Please advise whomever needs to know this.
I will,, just want you to try one thing first,,go to non HD channels,, then push your source button,, or the button that changes your input,, tell me if the picture is different
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have pushed the input button on the Dish remote and nothing has changed.
I meant the tv remote,, do you have the tv remote available?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes I have the TV remote. I will agree to one more try on the TV remote and then I need to quit as nothing is happening
ok,, and what happens? when you change inputs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer. Please DO NOT charge my credit card. Nothing was done.
No answer. Please DO NOT charge my credit card. Nothing was done
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am cancelling this session. Please do not charge the credit card. I did not receive any information that was helpful
Will close it for you,,But I never new if you tried what was suggested or not,, theres nothing wrong with your tv,, Simply asked you to change your inputs with your TV remote,, to see if your on a different input,, no response from you,, So not sure if your honestly confused or have the answer and wont tell me,, I just trying to help you,, So good luck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did try everything that you suggested. The TV is still the same.
OK, i will send to another tech,, hard to believe the aspect or format button on the tv remote doesnt fix,, and you check HD and NON HD channels,, Ok good luck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not want another tech. I believe there is something very wrong with the TV and can't be fixed by pushing buttons. Thanks anyway.
ok