Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

sylvania LC320SLX not using full wide screen...cant find remote

sylvania LC320SLX not using full wide screen...can't find remote that came with set :) How do I change aspect ratio?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
set was purchased (for Grandma) in February - the only thing that's ever been hooked up to it is the cable - it was widescreen for a good while, but then it changed to where there's a three inch black strip on each end - I could take a DVD player over to her apt to test it
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Did you try the screen mode button?

Tim

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think so...there's a menu button on the front of the unit...I tried everything that came up! It occurs to me now, that I haven't just unplugged it and the cable box to see if they'll "reboot." Any other thoughts?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Well the button on the remote that says Screen Mode should change something with the picture, are you sure you tried it?

Tim

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
um...that's the problem...as I said in my initial post, we can't find the right remote...she's only ever used the remote that came with the cable box...I'll see if there's a screen mode button on that one
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry, I misread what you wrote, I thought it said you could not find a button on the remote to control it....not that you cannot find the remote. I think that is a major issue, you cannot change that setting without that remote.

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.