Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

sylvania LC320SLX not using full wide screen...cant find remote

sylvania LC320SLX not using full wide screen...can't find remote that came with set :) How do I change aspect ratio?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
set was purchased (for Grandma) in February - the only thing that's ever been hooked up to it is the cable - it was widescreen for a good while, but then it changed to where there's a three inch black strip on each end - I could take a DVD player over to her apt to test it
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Did you try the screen mode button?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think so...there's a menu button on the front of the unit...I tried everything that came up! It occurs to me now, that I haven't just unplugged it and the cable box to see if they'll "reboot." Any other thoughts?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Well the button on the remote that says Screen Mode should change something with the picture, are you sure you tried it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
um...that's the I said in my initial post, we can't find the right remote...she's only ever used the remote that came with the cable box...I'll see if there's a screen mode button on that one
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry, I misread what you wrote, I thought it said you could not find a button on the remote to control it....not that you cannot find the remote. I think that is a major issue, you cannot change that setting without that remote.