Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

My KDS-60A2000 red lamp light is flashing and there is no

Customer Question

My KDS-60A2000 red "lamp" light is flashing and there is no picture, what do I need to do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

You need to replace your lamp. I have seen this about 100 times... definitely your issue.

The lamp for your TV is model number XL-5200. It runs $120, but take my advice and spend the extra $25 to have it shipped pre-installed in the housing. It'll make the installation much easier. Replacement instructions start on page 51 of your manual. Let me know if it's unclear.

I recommend you buy the lamp here.

Now if you feel you can leave me positive feedback, kindly click "Accept" so I get credit for helping with your issue. You can still post follow-up questions or comments after you accept. Also, a bonus would certainly be appreciated!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I bought the TV 4 1/2 years ago, I don't believe I still have a manual. Are there instructions with the replacement lamp? If not, where can A copy of page 51 be found?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX course I will accept your answer.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Instructions will not come with the lamp. You'll need the manual, which I have uploaded for you... click here to download it. Instructions start on page 51.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried several times to download file, it keeps coming back with sign up for some singles club?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
No no... don't click "Download" (blue button)... just below that it should say "Download this file" (gray/black button)... click that. Then you'll need to enter a code (it will show you the code, called a "captcha")... then you can download it.