Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

will Samsung cover under warranty for cracked internal screen

Customer Question

will Samsung cover under warranty for cracked internal screen on new plasma ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
PN63C8000
the TV was shipped yesterday 11/12/2010
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

was it damaged from shipping?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that's what I say but shipper left saying it's fine. There was no crack on it like you see on a mirror. I went online and checked with flashlight later and saw a crack on right corner. I called samsung, they say they only cover manufacturer's defect. What am i to do ?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Unfortuantely you are going to have to go after the shipper for it, because samsung will not cover such an issue. But the tv should have been insured for shipping right?

Tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the shipper had us sign a release without ever plugging in tv to see if it worked. We looked for cracks like a crack on glass, never knew that cracks can happen internally. My question is do these cracks internally can be due to defect ?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

No sorry, there is no defect that can cause that crack, it was definitely damaged by the shippers, I am sorry you had to sign that release, you should always plug it in first. I would still go after the shipper even though you signed the release.

Tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
samsung is sending a technician to look, i guess my chances are poor to fight with samsung. How i am going to fight with shipper when they had me sign? Has anybody won this ?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Not sure who the shipper is so that is hard to say but I would almost guarantee you samsung is not going to do anything about it.

Tim