Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have a Sharp OZ-730 organizer and want to transfer telephone numbers

I have a Sharp OZ-730 organizer and want to transfer telephone
numbers to another one. I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Are you going to another 730?

Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What information do you need?
Are you transferring the information to another 730?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that is what I am trying to do.
Your computer will need a serial port to do this (or a serial > USB adapter). Else, let me know... I know a guy that works wonders with these things. Though if you have a serial port, the original software (Day-Timer Organizer Sharp Edition), and the cable (Docking Module), you can follow these steps...

1. Make sure the unit is turned off.

2. Plug the Docking Module into the jack on the Organizer and into the computer's serial port (e.g. COM1).

3. Turn on the Organizer, press 2nd then Menu to activate the PC SYNC (PC LINK) mode.

Then open the software and transfer the data to your computer. From there, you can reaccomplish this process and transfer the data to the new organizer.

Now, kindly click "Accept" so I get credit for helping with your issue. You can still post follow-up questions or comments after you accept. Also, positive feedback and a bonus would certainly be appreciated!

-Dan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try that, I have the plug in to the unit and have plugged it in the port. It is not labeled as com1, but it only fits in two places. After that how do I transfer it on to the other unit?
Once you get the information transferred to the computer... plug the new one in and reverse the procedure.

Else, consider contacting Chuck Kraus. He runs TheWizardShop.net and repairs, rebuilds, buys and sells lots of electronic organizers... but he actually specializes in your model (and works wonders with the info contained therein). His number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Now if you feel you can leave me positive feedback, kindly click "Accept" so I get credit for helping with your issue. You can still post follow-up questions or comments after you accept. Also, a bonus would certainly be appreciated!

-Dan