euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,
21107900

i have a samsung 6000 led tv how do i connect my surround sound

i have a samsung 6000 led tv how do i connect my surround sound so that not ony the tv but all games systems will be able to play through the system??
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 3 years ago.

euro-pro llc :

euro-pro llc :

I will be happy to assist you with this question.

euro-pro llc :

The best way to connect your surround,is via the 'optical cable".

euro-pro llc :

This will give you the best sound quality possible,also,this output should be active regardless on the tv imputs used(where you have all the gadgets connected).

euro-pro llc :

Do you have an optical cable?

euro-pro llc :

Usually it is not shipped with the tv set or the surround system.

Customer:

ok do i need a special cable for that?

euro-pro llc :

Yes,I will indicate one for you rigt now:

Customer:

not that i'm aware of

Customer:

ok what does it look like and how can obtain one?

euro-pro llc :

This is a 6 foot one,but you can get a shorter one if you do not need it that long!

Customer:

and if and when i do have the cable i hook it up to my tv and receiver

euro-pro llc :

they carry the BEST sound quality

Customer:

hold on let me take a look at the link

euro-pro llc :

Yes,in the back of the tv you will see a optical jack(it puts out a red light)

euro-pro llc :

This is the optical out from the tv.

euro-pro llc :

You need to have the same optical jack on your suround system(optical in)

euro-pro llc :

All the newer surround system have this optical input.

Customer:

let me check to see if i have those hold one min please...

euro-pro llc :

Sure,no problem,

Customer:

ok i see it on both components and that should give me all my systems through my surround?

euro-pro llc :

Yes ,it will-once you see the red light coming out of the tv set,you should have sound coming trough!

euro-pro llc :

This optical out will carry the sound from whatever plays on the screen(TV,or inputs!)

euro-pro llc :

It is very easy to hook up,and has the best possible quality(it is a fiber optic cable)

Customer:

and why is its being used for my sound is it called and optical cable lol

euro-pro llc :

Because it is optical fiber,it it just a term for the way it carries the signal(through the light)

euro-pro llc :

Something very important bout this cable is,

euro-pro llc :

it SEPARATES the source from the amplifier!

euro-pro llc :

There is no electrical connection between the two-not even shared ground!

euro-pro llc :

many times a amplifier that blows(gets shorted for some reasons),will damage the tv also,because of the shared ground,but in this case,they are totally separated!

euro-pro llc :

Cool!

euro-pro llc :

I hope this helps.

euro-pro llc :

Please ,accept my answer if you are satisfied,and will be able to leave a positive feedback!

Customer:

it does thank u

euro-pro llc :

Feel free to ask me any additional questions you may have,I will gladly assist you!

euro-pro llc :

Thank you so much,

euro-pro llc :

It was my pleasure to work with you!

euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience: 20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,