Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

The color and contrast on our Vizio LCD hd tv is suddenly weird.

The color and contrast on our Vizio LCD hd tv is suddenly weird. very green any suggestions how to fix it? I've tried adjusting the numbers and resetting it back to factory settings but nothing has worked

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The unit is 7 months old. We live in an apartment building We were on the 26th floor and just moved up to the 36th floor. We only have the one tv. The connections all seem to be tight but there is a cable box with two connectors. Maybe when we moved the movers connected it to the wrong one?

What type of cables do you have between the cable box and the tv?

The choices are:

Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We seem to have a variety of cable connections -- coax and component at least!

Ok thats good..normally this is an easy fix

Most likely something is wrong with the component cables, either one is loose, fallen out or not in the right spot.

There are 5 cables (green, blue, red, white and red) note that there are two red cables, if these are swapped and in the wrong spots it will cause this issue. I would unplug all of these and start over, do it by color code put green in the green out on the box and then green in on the tv then do blue and so on. make sure that the red for video goes into the red video out on the back of the box and to the red video in on the back of the tv. If the red is swapped on either end you will get a green picture.

CHeck this out and let me know what you find.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes! Thanks very much. Picture is 100% better. I also switched from the custom color setting to 'normal.' This also improved the color. Any thoughts on that?

Awesome news! I am glad you got it going. Also the switch from custom to normal is good, I normally watch mine on normal and never do any adjustments, they are perfectly fine the way they are.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan