Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

I have a 65 Mitsubishi Medallion 1080 hdtv. Here is my problem After

I have a 65" Mitsubishi Medallion 1080 hdtv. Here is my problem:
After a power outage the green reset button keeps blinking. Cannot turn tv on. I have pressed the reset button and held after a few seconds, the green light stopped blinking. I immediately pressed the power button. Still no power. I unplugged the tv overnight and tried the same thing only holding it for app. a minute. Still no power. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

What's the model number? This should be on the back of the unit.

Also, should repair be required... do you have experience with electronics and wish to repair this yourself? Or are you more interested in a diagnosis and a repair estimate?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Dan,

The Model number is XXXXX I am not experienced in elecronics. So, I am interested in a diagnosis and a repair estimate, if necessary. THANKS

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thanks for that quick response.

Well, I have seen this issue a lot lately... a couple times this week, actually. I'm afraid your DM (digital module) board has failed. More specifically, there are 7 capacitors on this board (maybe 8)... and they are very well known for failing and causing this very error. Now for repair... parts won't run more than $50, and labor usually sits at about $150-$250 depending on where you live. If you contact a reputable servicer, they should be familiar with this issue and will know exactly what to do (replace the faulty capacitors). There is a service bulletin about it they should have access to.

Let me know if have any other questions or concerns. Else, kindly click "Accept" so I get credit for helping with your issue. You can still post follow-up questions after you accept. Also, positive feedback and a bonus would certainly be appreciated!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
In the past when we had a power outage, I held the reset button until the light stopped blinking and then the tv powered up. Is it because it doesn't work that the diagnosis is what it is?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Yes. If the light continues to blink regardless of the reset button, it's the DM board. I wish I had better news for you... but again, I have seen this issue a lot. This is definitely your issue. I have a couple pictures of the board with capacitors installed and uninstalled if you wish to see them.