Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

My Mitsubishi tv all of a sudden just went black and the timer

star-full

My Mitsubishi tv all of a sudden just went black and the timer light is constant red.
I pressed the power button and then it was steady green. It came on then after about 2 minutes or less it went black again and the light was constant red again. I unplugged it and waited a few minutes before plugging back in. The green light flashed rapididly then went out. I turned on the tv it came on and after about 2 minutes it did the same. I even tried system reset.
Can you tell me what the problem is?

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Unplug it again, then plug it back in. After the light has turned red... press and hold the "INPUT" and "MENU" buttons on the front of the TV. This should trigger the red light to flash in a particular sequence... perhaps 5 blinks, then 2. Or 4, then 3. It will repeat this 5 times.

Can you determine the sequence, and post back?

Regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The red light stays on solid and the green light flashs in a sequence 1 2 3............1 2 3 4

1 2 3 1 2 3 4

Ok, so 3-4... thanks for that.

The 3-4 blink sequence is usually indicative of a bad lamp... I say this with about 95% certainty, and have seen this a few dozen times.

You can buy the lamp by itself for $120... or take my advice and buy it in the housing for an extra $15. The housing makes the installation much easier. Click here for the part.

Your manual should have instructions on how to replace the housing. If not, let me know. If you choose to go without the housing, let me know... I'll link you to a tutorial.

Now, please click "Accept" so I get credit for helping with your issue. You can still post follow up questions after you accept.

-Dan

Experience: USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.