euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,
21107900

My new Samsung 50 inch plasma TV has a large black rectangle

Customer Question

My new Samsung 50 inch plasma TV has a large black rectangle in the middle of the screen. I just pulled it out of the box and it was like that. How do I fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 6 years ago.

euro-pro llc :

euro-pro llc :

I will be happy to assist you with this question.

euro-pro llc :

the issue you describe is not a tv malfunction,rather a wrong setting for the closed caption feature.

euro-pro llc :

If you check the CC(closed caption) feature,you will probably see that is set for TEXT(T1,ot T2 on some models).

euro-pro llc :

By scrolling throug the cc menu,you will need to either turn the CC off,or set it to CC1(or caption 1 on some models).

euro-pro llc :

Once the CCis OFF or set for caption 1,then the issue with the black letterbox will be gone.

euro-pro llc :

I hope this helps,please,accept my answer if you are satisfied and will be able to leave a positive feedback.

euro-pro llc :

Thank you and have a good evening!