Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My tv picture keeps going out. I know its not the picture

Customer Question

My tv picture keeps going out. I know its not the picture tube because it keeps coming back on. Also, when the set has been off for a long period of time, I can turn it on and it will stay on for about 30 minutes before it goes out. Please help! I love this tv because it has a night mode which means I can dim the tv at night, which is great cause I like to leave the tv on all night.
My tv is a Quasar Omnivision VHS 19". I've had it several years. Please tell me if it can be fixed and how much it would cost. Also, where I can take it in the Douglasville, GA area to be fixed. Next question would be what would be my next option if it can't be fixed? (Example: can it be traded in on a new model and what do you have with the night mode feature and where can I find it?)
Thank you for your support. I look forward to hearing from you.
Terri Cross
3167 West Point Circle
Douglasville, GA 30135
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Does it go off and on by itself or do you have to turn it back on after it goes off?

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan