Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

sanyo dp46848 lcd. right side of screen dark and fading for

sanyo dp46848 lcd. right side of screen dark and fading for about 1/2 hour after turn on. then gets better. which board would be bad?

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is it cut exactly in half?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is almost 50% maybe just a little less (45%). It will go dark and you can see the picture but it is very dark. After 20-30 min. it will return and be normal. the tv was bought in oct of 2008. just is 2 years old. not sure if it is the display or power supply or main mother board. thanks.

I am very afraid I have no good news for you.

What you have is a LCD panel that has failed, this is a very common problem with these new LCD televisions and there is no way to fix it. The part price is always more than a new television. For example the part needed to fix your set is over $1600, you can buy a new set for half that price. Unfortunately there are a lot of good folks in your position, they have bought these nice sets, and after 18 months the tv is going into the garbage unless they bought an extended warranty on it.

The only bit of advice I can give you if you don't have a warranty is to call Sanyo and complain to them, a lot of manufactures are working with their customers because these sets are failing so prematurely. A lot of times the manufacture will repair the set, or supply the part at no cost, leaving you with the labor for installation.

I am sorry I have no good news for you, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan