Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics

my mitsubishi TV model WD-65C9 will not power up all the way.

my mitsubishi TV model WD-65C9 will not power up all the way. I turn it on, the status light blinks, the blue "Mitsubisi screen comes on, and several seconds later the blue screen turns black and two seconds later the blinking light turns off. I have tried an alternate power source and have tried resetting the system by depressing the "power' button on the front of the TV for 10 seconds and longer.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Hello, did you notice anything unusual before this happened? Storms, power failures, noises in the set, etc.?

Have there been any previous repairs done to the TV, or has it had any other problems in the past?

What is the purchase date of the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I noticed nothing unusual except last Saturday the TV went black for a few seconds and then came back up. I assumed it was a satilite issue. Monday we started having the problem I decribed but we were able to get it to come on by turning it it on a couple of times. This is not working now.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thank you. What is the purchase date of the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have had it for about 1 year
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thank you. The problem you are seeing is caused by a defective Main PC board in the TV. Bad Main boards in these sets have been a bit of a problem for Mitsubishi recently. In fact, Mitsubishi has had trouble maintaining a stock of replacement boards because of the numerous failures.

The Main boards do not show as being currently in stock, but they are scheduled to be available on 11/16/10. If you are still within your one year warranty, it may be a good idea to schedule a repair as soon as possible, just in case Mitsubishi (temporarily) runs out of these again.

If you're curious, the part number is XXXXX and it retails for $221.90. Usually the labor is in the $200-250 range, if you had to pay for this out of pocket.

If needed, your nearest authorized Mitsubishi servicer can be found by entering your information on this page:

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=search_new&client=mitsuservicer#?mid=174138

Even if you are slightly over the one year warranty, Mitsubishi will still very likely cover the repair, since these have caused such a problem. I recommend contacting Mitsubishi Consumer Relations at(NNN) NNN-NNNN to ask (emphatically insist) that they cover the cost of the repair. Please remember you paid a premium price for a premium brand TV that has lasted only a year and already needs a major repair.

Important: Usually Mitsubishi requires one of their authorized servicers to check the TV on-site first, before they will offer a concession (even though they will already know exactly what is wrong with it by your description). It is best to have an estimate of the repair from the technician before you call Mitsubishi (if the TV is over one year old).

I know this is not good news, but it is the truth. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in any way.
Steve, Technician
Experience: Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics