euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,
21107900

How can smoke damage your LCD TV

Customer Question

How can smoke damage your LCD TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 6 years ago.

euro-pro llc :

euro-pro llc :

I will try to help you with this question.

euro-pro llc :

The smoke itself is not so dangerous for the tv,but it will enter inside the LCD panel and give you a cloudy or uneven brightness on the picture due to the smoke deposited on the backlight lamps.Also on the exterion will form a film over the LCD panel reducing the amount of light/brightness that the tv will put out.

euro-pro llc :

But the smoke itself will NOT make the tv not functional at all !

euro-pro llc :

The problem is when the smoke is also HOT!This WILL damage the tv to a point where it is not functionl,due to electrical connectors melting,and parts being damaged inside the set(cracked backlight lamps etc)

euro-pro llc :

I hope this answers your question,please accept my answer if you are satisfied and will be able to leave a positive feedback.

euro-pro llc :

Please feel free to ask any additional questions you may have I will be gladly help you!

euro-pro llc :

Thank you and have a great day!