PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

Toshiba 62hm84 will not turn on. No sound and no picture. The

Toshiba 62hm84 will not turn on. No sound and no picture. The red light flashes at one second intervals, the green light flashes at three second intervals. Last week when the unit would not turn on, I unpluged, and then pluged back in and the unit came back on. The unit is about 5 years old.

Could it be the ballast board or the light engine?

Would greatly appreciate help.
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 6 years ago.

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start, have you tried unplugging the TV for 4-5 hours? When was the bulb replaced last time?

Edited by PramitP on 10/20/2010 at 2:30 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The TV was unplged for over 12 hours. I beleive within the last year I replaced the bulb. I thought before when the bulb went out that the sound still stayed on? The unit does not click through the cycle like it has before, and does not turn itself on and off.
Expert:  PramitP replied 6 years ago.
It is not necessary that the sound will stay on. Since the lamp was replaced recently, I would replace the ballast. The part no. of the ballast is 23122468. When you look at the back of the TV, the ballast board is most likely to be found on the right hand side. You can purchase the part from here. Good luck. If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated