Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I need to replace a Panasonic digital media receiver tu-pt700u.....HELP!!!!

Customer Question

I need to replace a Panasonic digital media receiver tu-pt700u.....HELP!!!! How can I do that?? [email protected]
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
Hello, This particular receiver is unavailable from any retailers as it has been discontinued. Let me ask you, how the unit was connected to the TV, and if you're willing to substitute another one for it if possible?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was hoping there was a source other than panasonic.....perhaps an aftermarket item. Thought you might know..........
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that was what I was suggesting. Again, what type of cable connects the receiver to your TV?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The one that came with the set.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any idea what type of cable it is? I'm trying to see what other receivers will work with this set.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it was a flat cable that was particular to that model - it came with the monitor. I don't have it just now - it went to the repair shop with the monitor & tuner. Can't go look
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
I will opt out and see if anyone else has any ideas.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Let me know asap ...... I guess I'm looking at a refund?