James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)

I have a Samsung LN46A650A1fxza and it will not power on.

I have a Samsung LN46A650A1fxza and it will not power on. It just clicks and keeps trying.
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

Chances are there is a problem with the power supply board in the TV.

The only thing I would suggest is to leave it unplugged for 24hrs then try turning it on again. This has the effect of discharging all of the capacitors within the unit, and effectively soft rebooting the unit.

What to do next depends entirely on whether you want to try and fix it at home, and have a good multimeter and are comfortable with soldering. If you are then let me know and I'll tell you what to look for. Otherwise you'd be best off taking it to a local electronics repair shop.

Typically the some of the capacitors on the board can go faulty.

Alternatively, if you have had it for less than a year, take it back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with it.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I checked some sites that have power supply boards but would like to make sure they are the correct ones. If you were replacing the board which one (buy part number) would you use on my LN46A650A1FXZA.
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

The replacement part no is: BN44-00203A

I'd suggest you check and for the best prices on parts.

Hope this helps