Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I bought a floor model HD 55 Samsung from Wal-Mart. It is

Customer Question

I bought a floor model HD 55" Samsung from Wal-Mart. It is beautiful, much better than my Vizio, Phillips, or Panasonic, but it has no remote with it and I have an advertisement that continues across the front. How do I get rid of the advertisement that displays across the front without a remote? Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Jack :

Hi and thank you for using justanswer.

Jack :

To answer your question;

Jack :

Press and hold the volume up/down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds on the tv set.

Jack :

This should remove the store demo mode.

Jack :

As you appear to be offline i will switch to standard Q&A mode.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

We are now in Q&A mode.

I left you an answer in the chat window above.

Hope this help and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again.

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pressing the Volume buttons simultaneously took it off while pressed and I held for 30 secs the second time, but the advertisement popped right back up after I released them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The answer did not work
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
O.k then could you give me your tv`s model number written on the back cover ?
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Hi again

Here is another procedure that might clear it;

Press the volume up button on the tv and while you still have the volume bar on screen press and hold the menu button for 10 secs or so.

If it still does not work then i`ll wait for your model number.

Edited by Jack on 10/18/2010 at 3:08 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Type: LN55C630
MODEL #: LN55C630K1F
MODEL CODE: LN55C630K1FXZA
SERIAL #: Z1PL3CR2300152Y
VERSION: SQ01

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC., DISTRIBUTOR: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CANADA, INC., MANUF: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS MEXICO, INC.

Series L6, Energy Efficient, Auto-motion 120mHerz are what continually pop up and stream across the front.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Using both volume and the Menu got a "In Store Demo" to pop up on the screen, but did not block or stop the Advertisement from streaming across the front.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
Be right back with some info.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Same Question, "How do I prevent the Advertisement from streaming across the front of the TV. It is a 55" Samsung Demo model from Wal-Mart. Please see other answer and replies for model number, and tried answers. I tried the holding volume buttons for > 10 secs with no response. I also tried holding volume buttons down and also pressing menu for amount of time recommended with no result. I was not given a remote as it was lost. The picture is incredible, but can't use it with streaming advertisement for Samsung information across front. Thanks.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Hi again

Unfortunately the only other info i got that may be helpful involves the original remote control.

It goes like this; press and hold the exit button on the remote until a screen pops up and ask you if you want to return the set to factory default.

If you want i can help you find an original remote control.

Here is the part number for the remote ; Bn59-00598a

Here one store where you can have it;

http://www.replacementremotes.com/SAMSUNG/Buy-BN59-00598A-BN5900598A-TV-Remote-Control.html

I know this is not what you were asking for originally but it may be the only way to reset your tv if unplugging the power for 20 minutes does not work.

Since this is a store demo you may want a owner`s manual , you can find it here ;

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/LN55C630K1FXZA

Note that on the same page where you have the owner`s manual there is a tab for "Firmware"

That may be another way to reset your firmware to original, some firmware upgrade will reset your tv to its original(Factory default) settings but other will save your current settings.

You will see on this page here that it contains the upgrade file and also the upgrade guide that you should read carefully if you decide to go for the upgrade;

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/LN55C630K1FXZA#tab4

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Wanted to thank you for the accept and great bonus.

Also to find out if it was the upgrade that did the trick finally ?