James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)

Our LG LCD 37 the power indicator is blinking red and green

Our LG LCD 37" the power indicator is blinking red and green at same time consequently not able to turn on?
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

Chances are there is a problem with the power supply board in the TV.

The only thing I would suggest is to leave it unplugged for 24hrs then try turning it on again. This has the effect of discharging all of the capacitors within the unit, and effectively soft rebooting the unit.

What to do next depends entirely on whether you want to try and fix it at home, and have a good multimeter and are comfortable with soldering. If you are then let me know and I'll tell you what to look for. Otherwise you'd be best off taking it to a local electronics repair shop.

Typically the some of the capacitors on the board can go faulty.

Alternatively, if you have had it for less than a year, take it back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with it.

Hope this helps