Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

my toshiba regza is displaying a digital channel signal strength

Customer Question

my toshiba regza is displaying a "digital channel signal strength is low" message. i think that i may have accidentally pushed a button on the remote to cause it. in any case, how can i fix it so it works with my comcast cable box again?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the model number is XXXXX the tv is less than 2 years old i currently only have a cable box hooked up to the tv, but it doesn't seem to be receiving the signal.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

How is the cable box hooked to the tv?

The choices are:
Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws

Also please do not be offended, but are you familiar with your setup and how to control it? (I just do not know who I am ever dealing with sometimes its a techy person and sometimes someone who can just turn the tv on and off)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
component cables. I'm pretty much someone who knows how to turn it on and off... It was working fine earlier today. I woke up from a nap and must have pushed a wrong button because ever since i get either static or the "digital channel signal strength is low" message, depending on what channel the tv is on.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Yup you sure did, this is going to be simple (Hope so at least)

Turn the cable box on, then with the toshiba remote press the INPUT button (right below the 9 button) you might need to try every input if you are unsure what one your box is hooked to. Once of the inputs will have your picture back, most likely component 1 or color stream 1.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan