Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Where can I find a circuit board (Part # 935D5240) for my WS-65807

Customer Question

Where can I find a circuit board (Part # XXXXX) for my WS-65807 TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-That is not a complete part number, does it have more at the end of it?

-How old is the unit?

-What is wrong with the tv?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is the complete part number off the board itself. Its even on the Mitsubishi Parts site, bit they don't have it anymore. I found one place, but they are out of the part. This is the control panel circuit board for my WS65807 TV.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Circuit Board is cracked...2001/ 2002 Model
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Yes that part is discontinued, is it not working or random things happening on the tv?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No working at all. Movers cracked while moving the screen. No power whatsoever. I am searching everywhere and a place in Florida who deals in used parts has 2 Mitsbishi's coming in tomorrow, but models are unknown.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

If you unplug that board and try to use the remote to control the tv does that work?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll have to tray that, but I asummed that this controlled the remote, maybe its the other board beside this one. Two wires come out the front, one to this board and one to the one beside it. I'll plug in the other board tonight and see what happens.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Ok let me know what happens, that board doesn't control the remote...

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks. I think the remore sensor sits on this board, maybe you can verify that in the picture that I sent. It may be the Clear bulb/sensor by the green bulb.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

No thats not the IR sensor...the IR sensor is inside on the light box...

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, the clear bulb / light beside the green bulb/light has nothing to do with the remote control? A guy on the phone just told me its the remote control sensor. I have no idea.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

That is not the IR sensor, that clear bulb is a light sensor for a setting in the tv, the tv is capable of changing the brightness of the picture depending on the room light. That is a sensor for that function not the remote...the remote sensor is in the back of the tv...

However I think the IR circuit runs through that board on your model so my test of just using the remote will probably not work.

How bad is that board broken?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Register Here
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Can I see the bottom side?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Register Here

Register Here
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Oh I didn't know you already attempted a repair...I am assuming it did not work?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, i'm not sure if the guy knew what is was doing. Is that the jumper wires he connnected? I don't remember them.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Yes he put those on to try and fix it...

Question what is the tv even doing when you hit the power button, nothing at all?

Also have you inspected the rest of the set, if they broke that board what are the chances they broke more boards?

Tim

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
TV worked with Remote Thanks
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Awesome, you want to leave it that way then?

Tim