Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

My projection tv screen is blurred. It is curved at the bottom

My projection tv screen is blurred. It is curved at the bottom and top. What is wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 4 years ago.

Hello Sir/Ms, My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

(Please click on high lighted words)

You have a convergence issue, first see if they will move manually in your menu, they should be able to move up down left and right, and if not this is when two chips labeled STK392-xxx Failed. They can be located by finding the largest heat sinks in the unit.

Along with the possibility being an open resistor and or open fuse in the convergence circuit. All of the resistors around these chips should be checked pay attention to the ones that are standing up and they all should read low ohms, If they are in the k ohms they are probably open which is bad ,This is a tricky repair, if you have Never done this repair I don't suggest it friend.

But if you are willing to tackle this problem the only step by step procedure I found for you would be to watch someone do the repair, and this I found on the internet in the convergence problem screen. This will give you an idea of the work involved and also what the parts look like. Now I also have sites were you can pull up manuals, check here

www.free-service-manuals.com

www.s100-manuals.com

www.eserviceinfo.com

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts on trying to help you save on those large labor charges are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I push the menu, I just see the 6 icons on the top of the screen. Which icon do i go to see if i can move up down, etc.
I rather you not do this actually,,, because once you replace the bad chips it will be all out of Alignment,, So i would leave alone,, just replace the chips and it will be in perfect alignment once they are changed,,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay great. what happened was my tv had a great picture but would not turn on so I replace the Z801 chip. Now it turns on but picture became blurred. So could soldering the z chip cause this problem? Where could I purchase these chips?

No it shouldn't unless you missed plugged something,,

These are some part stores, CALL THEM IF POSSIBLE always check with manufacturer, and you may need the name of the part and its part number off the part itself

www.andrewselectronics.com

www.partstore.com

Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay thanks.