Erin
Erin, LCD FA Engineer
Experience:  2 yrs of LCD & Backlight also 20yrs of Computer experience & troubleshooting PCB's to components
49624091
TV

How do I change the AV channel without a remote or TV/AV button

on the TV
Category: TV
replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Erin Wong :

I will do my best to solve your problem or guide you in the right direction.

Erin Wong :

If you change the channels down to channel 1 then press the channel down one more time you should be able to select the input.

Erin Wong :

If that doesn't work and your Universal Remote does have a menu button but it doesn't work. Then you may want to try to reprogram it with other codes for your TV. Since each code provides the remote with different features sometimes it will enable others features or disable them.

Erin Wong :

If that doesn't help then let me know and I will opt out and see if anyone else can help you.

Erin Wong :

But if my advice has been helpful, please click the ACCEPT button. It is how I am paid. Positive FEEDBACK and a BONUSare very much appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Erin Wong :

If you click on accept by accident let me know and I will refund your money.

JACUSTOMER-mw4wwjmi- :

There are program buttons on the side that let me navigate through the channels available on the tv. It shows me how many channels are available on the tv, and what number is XXXXX to each channel. I have cycled through all the channels using the program buttons and it doesn't go to AV, it just starts the list again.

JACUSTOMER-mw4wwjmi- :

the universal remote specifically has an av button but nothing happens when I press it. i thought there was something wrong with the remote, however everything else on the remote works e.g. volume, number pad, etc

JACUSTOMER-mw4wwjmi- :

what do you mean when you say reprogram the remote with other codes? i thought there would only be one code per tv make and model

Erin Wong :

Usually every universal remote has two ways to program it. 1 method is to press power button or Mute button until the TV reacts to that function and then you press another button like OK to confirm it worked. 2nd method is to press and hold a button or two (all are different to get into program mode) and when the led on the remote stay's lit. You usually enter a 4 digit code associated with your brand of TV. In most cases each brand will have more than 1 code to use. And in some cases each code will enable or disable 1 or more functions, like AV input function.

Erin Wong :

Try entering another code, usually you will need the instructions manual for you to retrieve the codes for that specific Universal remote. If you no longer have it, please reply with your remote model number and I will look for the manual on the net.

JACUSTOMER-mw4wwjmi- :

I will try using the other TEAC codes with my universal remote otherwise I think I will have to either contact TEAC for a remote or purchase a scart lead from an electrical store. Thanks for your insight!