Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-Does the tv do anything at all when plugged in or turned on? (light blink, click noise, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
32723hd digital tv makes no noise no light flicker at all,have tried differant power leads that are known to work
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Do you know how to use a meter to check DC voltages?

Have you checked the capacitors in the power supply to make sure none are bubbled?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
limited knowledge on tvs,back off both internal fuses seem in order no visable damage internaly/no meter available
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Can you take a picture of the power supply and post it to me? (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above where you are typing with the green tree on it. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry can't be done
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $350

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $400-$500 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan