Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My LG 32LC2D LCD TV has no image or audio. After I turn it

My LG 32LC2D LCD TV has no image or audio. After I turn it on, the power light blinks for about 10 seconds, then goes solid green. The back light works, because when it's powered off, the screen goes completely black. Sometimes the screen will blink between a dark gray and black for a few seconds and then stay black. I double checked all my connections, thinking that possibly I plugged it in wrong, but everything was connected properly. Please help, because I don't have the cash for a new tv. Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Jack :

Hi and thank you for using justanswer.

Jack :

I`m going to help you with your tv but first i will have a few questions;

Jack :

Do you get the menu screen ?

Customer :

what questions?

Customer :

asking around and checking online with other people with similar issues, they're saying it's the main board

Customer :

checking with repair stores, the main board will cost approx. $300

Jack :

Do you get the menu on sreen ?

Jack :

on screen?

Jack :

or any sound ?

Customer :

negative.... no sound no video... not even telling me which input I have selected

Jack :

O.k although it may be the main board , there could also be a fix for that.

Customer :

I fel I may just bite the bullet and get a new tv, because I don't see spending that kind of money to fix a tv that discontinued

Jack :

Could you give me a few minutes ?

Customer :

and about 4 or 5 years old

Customer :

sure thing.... take your time

Jack :

be right back

Jack :

o.k first this is your board number : 39119M0080A

Customer :

exclellent

Jack :

then this is an address where you can get it :
http://tv-part.com/39119m0080a-lg-package-assembly.html

Jack :

Be right back

Customer :

one repair shop inquired about the board number to get a better price , but I didn't have that info, so thx

Jack :

But wait there is more :)

Customer :

oh I can't wait....

Jack :

Your problem is also associated with a bad capacitor on the power supply circuit board.

Customer :

hehehe sorry, I'm a bit delirious already.....

Jack :

I will get a picture of that power board and the part number in a sec.

Customer :

appreciate it.... thx

Jack :

This is your power supply:

Full Size Image

Customer :

is this problem quite frequent?

Customer :

at least from what I read online, it is with this model from LG

Jack :

On it there is a capacitor , part location number : C208 and its value is 680 mfds at 16 volts

Jack :

It acn be replace by a 1000mfds at 16 volts

Customer :

so, if it's both the board and the power supply.... I've been told it can cost close to $500

Jack :

No what i`m saying is that the $0 .99 capacitor could clear that problem

Jack :

It is a reported problem with that model

Jack :

same symptoms and that little capacitor was at fault

Customer :

and not have anything to do with the board????

Customer :

for a buck!?

Jack :

So if you`re into this you could pull out the power supply circuit and either replace the capacitor yourself or have it replaced in a shop.

Customer :

haven't even tried opening it up yet

Jack :

Yes thats about it or maybe $2

Customer :

good grief.....

Customer :

so.....are we done here?

Jack :

Well.... if you want to close this you can always reach me later on when we are in the normal Q&A mode

Customer :

where can I get saidcapacitor?

Jack :

Any repair shops or radio shack

Customer :

hmm..... well Jack, I hope this is it. I'm up to my neck in frustration over this, as is

Jack :

In any case you still have the main board number but i have a good feeling that it will clear that problem as i found a few more post that mention it

Customer :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX hope I don't have anymore questions regarding this.....

Customer :

If so, I can try and contact you again in the normal q&a board

Jack :

No problem and as i said you will be able to contact me anytime after this.

Jack :

As a matter of fact i hope you will !!!

Customer :

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have a good day.

Jack :

Same to you , good night

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech