Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
Experience:  15 years of TV repair experience
41615543

I have a Samsung hl-t5075s dlp i replaced the bulb when the

I have a Samsung hl-t5075s dlp i replaced the bulb when the lights started blinking, and I blow out the vents with compressed air but the tv still will randomly shut off. Admittedly it is in the family room and is on quite a bit. What could be causing the random shut off??
THE NEXT POSSIBLITY WOULD PROBABLY BE THE COLOR WHEEL. WHAT LED'S LIGHT UP WHEN THE SET SHUTSDOWN.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not exactly sure but it seems that two LEDs blink twice and then it shuts off
WHICH 2 ARE BLINKING?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
a red LED and a green one
THERE IS A LAMP, TIMER, AND STAND BY WHICH 2 ARE BLINKING
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe it is timer and standby
YOU PROBABLY HAVE A DEFECTIVE DMD PCB. IT COULD ALSO BE A FAN. I WOULD TAKE THE BACK COVER OFF AND MAKE SURE THE FAN'S ARE CLEAN WITH NO DEBRIS. IF IT CONTINUES TO SHUTDOWN I WOULD REPLACE THE DMD PCB.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what is a dmd pcb, is it easily replaceable?
IT IS NOT REAL HARD BUT AFTER CHANGING IT YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE SOME GEOMETRY ADJUSTMENTS. IT IS THE PCB ON THE LIGHT ENGINE. IT HOLDS THE DLP CHIP.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do we have a part number and what adjustments need to be made
I NEED THE MODEL VERSION NUMBER ON THE RIGHT REAR SIDE OF THE TV AND I CAN SEND YOU A LINK TO THE PART.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HL-T5075SX/XAA
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP96-01853A.aspx?model=HLT5075SX/XAA

THE GEOMETERY ADJUSTMENTS INVOLVE SLIDING THE BOARD AROUND TILL THE PICTURE IS LEVEL AND EVEN. I AM NOT SURE I WOULD RECCOMEND CHANGING THE DMD BOARD UNLESS YOU ARE VERY MECHANICALLY AND ELECTRICALLY INCLINED. TO HAVE IT REPAIRED BY A SERVICE REP WOULD COST YOU BETWEEN $300-$400