Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

I have a sony trinitron model KV27TS32-I was trying to adjust

I have a sony trinitron model KV27TS32-I was trying to adjust the picture size, was not successful and 5 minutes later the set turned off. I tried everything but was not successful. Tried plugging into a different outlet-no luck. Is the set dead or can it be repaired?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator

I will try to assist. Does the power light blink or a different color. If you try to turn the TV on from the panel on the TV - do you hear it trying to startup?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO-NOTHING HAPPENS-THE POWER LIGHT DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING

I'm sorry - this will have to be serviced. From the description of your symptoms, it appears you may have had a horizontal output failure on the TV. This is the most common problem and since it occurred while you were adjusting the screen size - would be the most likely culprit.

I do not know how long you have had this TV. But a horizontal output repair will run around $150-$200 - another $60+ if the flyback transformer is found to be faulty also. This TV was manufactured around 1993 - so it might be more cost effective to purchase a replacement TV.

Sorry its not good news.

Thanks,
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience: FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.