Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My samsung 42 LCD TV will not turn on. There is power and

My samsung 42" LCD TV will not turn on. There is power and the red light blinks but it won't show a picture.
Any advice?

My email [email protected]
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, please determine and postback the Samsung's model number, something like LN46C750. Additionally, would the blinking be following a sequence, something like X blinks, pause, x blinks, pause and the cycle repeats itself?

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 9/8/2010 at 6:24 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Model: LN40A530P1F (why do they only put these on the back? Large TVs are hard to move!)

Blinks don't seem to have a pattern. Possibly "blink" one second "blink" one second plus and repeat. Not sure if the second pause is really longer - could just be my counting.

Jane

Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Appreciate the information and sorry that you have to go through the trouble. Additionally, please be careful as some versions of these TVs do topple over rather easily.

A continuously blinking light indicates that the Samsung has switched to auto-protect mode; either there is a fault in one of the boards and the diagnostics has halted the power supply from powering fully up or the power supply itself has faulted.

Other than to unplug for an extended period of time to reset the TV, there is no other easy user doable try of a fix. Almost always, this would be a hardware fault requiring the Samsung to be opened up to effect repairs.

Edited by Benimur on 9/8/2010 at 6:42 AM EST