hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer

I want to hook up wireless headphones for my TV set-up - comcast

Customer Question

I want to hook up wireless headphones for my TV set-up - comcast cable box (Scientific American - Explorer 3100) that feeds to a Sanyo model DS24424 TV (no audio out or earphone plug). How can I do this?

Note - I have looked at the back of the cable box / tried plugging into what I thought were appropriate audio out plugs / viewed the cable box setup screens for clues for doing this. So far, not happy with any results.
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your TV problem.

Yes unfortunately if your TV doesn't have these plugs then it makes things difficult.

You have found the only option but your wireless headphones need to be able to accept a RCA line input. If so then the plugs you need to attach to on the back of the SA box are what I'm sure you have already seen.

What wireless headphones are you using please and when you're not happy with the results can you elaborate?

Edited by hongkongpom on 9/7/2010 at 2:06 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
The answer came later than I expected. Whe I did review it there was no explaination on how to do what I wanted to do beyond what I already knew when I sent in the question. I was hoping that someone could tell me how to tweek the cable box settings, deal with managing the volume of the TV while using just the headphones (it should be off) and how to adjust the volume in the headphones themselves. When not using the headphones is there anything I would have to do to restore the sound coming from the TV set (assuming it can be turned off when using the headphones).