Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Magnavox TV Not Showing Whole Picture On The Screen.

I can't see the whole picture on my screen no matter what format I'm in.

The model no. on my Magnavox TV is 32MF369B/F7

Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you your question on JustAnswer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It’s less than a year old.

I am on a TV satellite

On my old Sharp TV I had controls to move my screen left & right up and down but I can't find any in the manual or on the TV.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

When you say you have tried all the formats, did you do this on the satellite remote or the Magnavox remote?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can't see the whole picture on my screen no matter what format I'm in. The model no. on my Magnavox tv is 32mf369b/f7

Optional Information:
Make: MAGNAVOX
Model: 32MF369B/F7

On the TV remote. There is no format button on my dish network remote that I know of

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Usually there will be a "pic size" or "aspect" or "screen" button or something like that on the dish remotes, I do not know what one you have so I cannot tell you for sure, but can you check this for me now?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just tried regular TV instead of HD and the picture fit like it should. I guess I'll just have to give up HD!

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Well I think you would want to talk to Dish about that, there is no reason their HD signal should be off the sides of the screen, especially if you have tried all the formats on the Philips remote. And we know its not a tv problem because you have a good picture in regular tv mode now, if the tv was the problem then both modes would be off the screen.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!