hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

TV-36850 requires warm-up time for sound system to function

TV-36850 requires warm-up time for sound system to function with a intermittent roar and 60 cycle hum. Problem isolated to be in circuit downstream of the volume control. Is there a module vailable that can be replaced? If so what is the part number?
Hello, What leads you to believe that this is an issue downstream from the volume control?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What I really need is the schemetic diagram of the TV. Having been in the TV repair business years ago but after I retired I auctioned off all my instruments and tech data but I still know how to diagnos problems. I isolated the problem using the TV ears that I use when viewing TV. They plug into the audio output port on the TV. The problem does not appear on the headset but does occur in the downstream portion of the circuitry that drive sthe speakers. Schematics (SAMS) are very difficult to obtain these days since SAMS photofacts are not any longer available. The problem could be a bad solder connnection of some part since the TV plays normally after about 15 minutes of the intermittent noises. Where can I get a schematic?

I'm unsure where you could locate the service manual. I will opt out and let another expert try and help.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your TV problem.

You can order the service manual from here

http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/JVC/aV+36850/pos1/results.aspx

Also replace Capacitor C926 with a 1000uF 50V as this is a common failure point on your model.

hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience: State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer